The Center for Advancing Teaching and Learning Through Research is pleased to announce that applications will be accepted for the 2020 cohort of the Teaching Inquiry Fellows (TIF) program between October 1 and October 28, 2019.
The goal of the Teaching Inquiry Fellows program is to engage participants in a reflective community of inquiry into teaching, paying particular attention to both the development of inclusive learning environments across contexts, and experiential learning activities of all kinds including engagement with the SAIL framework and platform.
Discussions and activities provide opportunities to explore assumptions about teaching and learning by examining multiple forms of evidence — including empirical and theoretical literature, the work of students, and feedback from both students and peers.
Expectations and time commitment:
- Attendance at a day-long kick-off retreat on Friday, January 3, 2020.
- The TIF cohort will meet in-person bi-weekly for 90 minutes during the 2020 Spring and Fall semesters.
- Between meetings, participants will be asked to read 2-3 articles on a particular topic and reflect on how that topic is relevant in their teaching practice.
- Each participant will maintain an individual electronic portfolio in which they will respond to prompts relevant to meeting activities and readings.
- Optional opportunities will be provided for peer observation of teaching.
Stipend: Participants will receive a stipend of $1,000 at the conclusion of the program.
Eligibility: The Teaching Inquiry Fellows program is open to all full-time faculty and co-curricular educators who teach for-credit courses at Northeastern University. This includes tenure-track and non-tenure-track faculty, as well as co-op faculty and instructors teaching courses such as Introduction to College. If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact Laurie Poklop at email@example.com.
To apply: A link to the online application appears at the top right of this page. It will become active on Monday, October 1.
Application materials include:
- Brief written responses to several questions (CLICK TO VIEW)
- A letter of support from your department chair or supervisor
- A copy of your CV or resume
How to Apply
Applications for the 2020 cohort Teaching Inquiry Fellows are no longer being accepted.
Please contact Dr. Laurie Poklop for more information.
2017-18 TIF Cohort: Reflections
Visit the group portfolio created by the 2017-18 TIF cohort, reflecting on their work and learning during the program.