Are you beginning to think about the future of NUflex once it is no longer a necessity? The Flexible Learning Inquiry Group will meet for five sessions to read and discuss Brian Beatty’s ebook Hybrid-Flexible Course Design. Beatty pioneered the hybrid-flexible format a decade ago to respond to student needs for flexible course participation. His text includes theoretical foundations, planning strategies, and numerous case studies. We encourage participants in this group to attend multiple sessions, but will also welcome members on a session-by-session basis. The book is available online at no cost at: https://edtechbooks.org/hyflex
The reading schedule for meetings is as follows:
- 2/11: Sections 1.1-1.3 Beginnings, Costs and Benefits, Values and Principles
- 2/25: Sections 1.4 Designing a Hybrid-flexible Course AND 3.3 New Technologies Deliver on the Promise of HyFlex
- 3/11: Sections 2.1 Teaching a Hybrid-Flexible Course AND 3.7 A Faculty Transitional Journey from Single Mode to HyFlex Teaching
- 3/25: Sections 2.2 Learning in a Hybrid-Flexible Course AND 3.6 HyFlex at Montana State University Billings
- 4/8: Sections 2.5 Evaluating the Impact of Hybrid-Flexible Courses and Programs AND Using HyFlex in Statistics for Engineers and (Data) Scientists
For Future Faculty Program participants, this session fulfills the “Course & Syllabus Design” requirement.
This session is only open to Northeastern University educators. Please use your Northeastern email when registering.