Communication is key to forming a positive and constructive relationship between a TA and their professor. There are steps that you can take as a TA to be proactive in asking about instructor expectations, soliciting feedback on your work, and flagging concerns. In this session, you will:
1. Reflect on your goals and expectations for any upcoming teaching appointments.
2. Consider potential questions and strategies for ongoing conversations with your professor about teaching.
3. Identify concrete steps you can take to form a mutually successful relationship with your professor.
To make the most of this session, we encourage you to explore Module 3, Communicating as a TA With Your Professor, of our Graduate Teaching Orientation Course in Canvas beforehand. Module 3’s readings and reflections take about 45 minutes to complete, and you can bring your questions and ideas from the module to our virtual session. Ready to explore the modules now?
1. Go to the Graduate Teaching Orientation 2022-23 self-enroll link. Note that you will need to be logged into Canvas with your Northeastern credentials.
2. Click on the red “Enroll in Course button” in the upper right corner of the page to self-enroll in the orientation site.
3. You can now access the course through your Canvas dashboard.
You cannot be enrolled in the course without Northeastern credentials.
This session is only open to Northeastern University educators. Please use your Northeastern email when registering.