Will you be teaching or TA’ing this fall? This workshop is intended for new and returning graduate students and postdocs who are preparing to serve as an Instructor of Record or Teaching Assistant (TA) for the first time. In this interactive session, you will:
1. Explore methods for setting up goals and expectations for your students from day one.
2. Identify strategies for getting to know students and engaging them in their learning.
3. Consider approaches to creating an inclusive learning environment from the beginning of the semester.
To make the most of this session, we encourage you to explore Module 1, Teaching for the First Time, of our Graduate Teaching Orientation Course in Canvas beforehand. Module 1’s readings and reflections take about 45 minutes to complete, and you can bring your questions and ideas from the module to our virtual session. Ready to explore the modules now?
1. Go to the Graduate Teaching Orientation 2022-23 self-enroll link. Note that you will need to be logged into Canvas with your Northeastern credentials.
2. Click on the red “Enroll in Course button” in the upper right corner of the page to self-enroll in the orientation site.
3. You can now access the course through your Canvas dashboard.
You cannot be enrolled in the course without Northeastern credentials.
For Future Faculty Program participants, this session fulfills the “Course and Syllabus Design” requirement
This session is only open to Northeastern University educators. Please use your Northeastern email when registering.