Are you preparing to teach your courses online? Our popular self-paced modules for Getting Started with Online Learning are now available in Canvas—so you can explore Canvas as a learner while thinking about how you’ll create an engaging online learning environment.
These modules provide a basic orientation to teaching online and include short, narrated presentations and tasks to help you create online lessons in Canvas. You will learn how to:
- Communicate with your students online
- Organize course materials consistently
- Provide instruction
- Engage your students in activities
- Create a place for students to submit assignments
Ready to explore the modules? To self-enroll in the Canvas course, follow these simple steps:
- Go to “Getting Started with Online Learning in Canvas” and sign in.
- In the upper-right corner, click the Enroll in Course button. Click Go to the Course. You’re in!
This session is open to Northeastern University educators who are interested in getting started teaching online. You cannot be enrolled in the course without Northeastern credentials.
[Session format: Self-paced, asynchronous online modules]